Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The information age

Some people call it Public Records, some call it Data, and in our business we call it a lead.

I call it information.

In the current state of the skip tracing industry, we have a tremendous amount of information at our fingertips.

Since we live in the Information Age, we should always be striving to find better ways to process and use available information to make better decisions.

In the old days, I would get so excited when someone went to Battle Mountain, or any remote location, and they brought me back a local phone book. Suddenly, I had the information I needed, at my fingertips, to crack a tough case. I had a book of leads.

The amount of data available on people these days is amazing. It's the closest thing we've seen to Big Brother.

What's important is to find a way to take that information, streamline the identification of the most relevant data that's available through Public Records, which includes everything about a person that's available on the Internet, and put that into a format that can improve the process of skip tracing.

That's skip tracing in 2010.

No comments: